18 June 2013

What year is this?

I'm usually surprised by something in Texas and today it was the library. First, they way they organize books is horrible for visual people. It's all on shelves. You any see the covers and since this is how I pick all children's books, it was annoying. Second, they did the same for DVDs and covered the spine with a horrible coding system. They also mixed all genres. They kicker was when I watched the librarian check out the books. She kept flipping the front cover open an sticking a card in the archaic pocket that all books, pre-1980 have. She's putting the return dates into the book! Oh my goodness! Someone hand stamps these every day? What century am I in?

So the art of redundancy is not lost after all. 

The flight out was alright. My two year old was too excited to also and was awake the entire flight, pressing any button available and watching 2 minutes of each kid cartoon available in the inflight entertainment. She didn't sleep until 1am. What a nut!

Oh an another thing about this backwards first world country. You know they don't recycle, at all? Wine bottles are thrown in the garbage! It killed me today to pull an egg from a styrofoam egg carton. There is so much styrofoam. I'm not a big environmentalist but I think you should at least try. 

No comments: