23 June 2013

Resort

Every time we come to Texas we usually come down to Galveston. It's an island. It has had 3 hurricanes smash throughout. Each time they lose historical piers. The last one took out the last one so they rebuild it and put an amusement park on it and called it Pleasure Pier. Frankly I think it's the worst name. This being said, I also saw a restaurant called Twin Peaks. The food is as good as the view. I guess it's like hooters. Now that's clever. 

I got dehydrated yesterday. It's rather foolish since it can all be avoided by drinking water. I remember to push fluids on my kids, but not me. So I feel achy, nauseous and have no energy. This is the antithesis to motherhood. I somehow managed to muster up strength to go to the water park with them. It takes a lot of mental power to enter a crowded pool where you have you have about a square foot of space all because your kid wants to jump in the waves. I avoid looking at the water because it's full of gross people things. 

I ended up finding a lost child and I tried to help her find her mom but she ended up yelling at me to go away. What mom doesn't know their child is missing? I just shadowed her and she seemed to find some people she knew and they took over. 

Can I also say that Texas is the best place to wear a two piece bathing suit. If you have body issues, you can guarantee that there are at least 8 out of every 10 women who are bigger than you. 

No comments: