29 March 2012

third birthday and nuts

Its andrew's 3rd birthday this weekend. This kid is smart and I don't say that because I'm his mom and its true, but I've been affirmed by it by others, even strangers. Pardon me for being one of THOSE moms but he serious "gets" stuff and rationalizes beyond what I think he should. My new favourite thing is watching him when he doesn't think I'm watching. I catch him trying to strangle his sister, or jumping back in bed after playing with toys during his nap and pretending he's sleeping. I'm having a little party with his friends tomorrow. We'll make bird feeders, using peanut butter so I'm assuming no one has a nut allergy. Nut allergy people are so annoying. I say that tongue in cheek, I mean, my best friend has a nut allergy*
*not true.

I'm reading this new mommy blog that is so absurd that I HAVE to read it so I can make myself feel normal. My guess is Alicia Silverstone got the bird feeding technique from her. She breastfed until 2 or 3 years old. Thats so nutty. She talks about happy energy and a french child that lives in her psyche. SERIOUSLY, don't you want to read it to? I love it.

Lets talk politics.
One, budgets are fantastic.
Two, unions are ridiculous leeches on the vein of the economy, unless I was  in one and getting awesome health benefits and limited work hours.
Three, Justin Trudeau makes me want to bang my head against the wall, repeatedly. Wish he'd take a page out of Ben Mulrony's book of, "don't become a politician, host Canadian idol and Live with Kelly instead".
Four, the penny is being phased out. Man, if I had a nickel every time the gov't has put that on the table, I'd have, well... four PENNIES.
Five, I miss Ralph Klein.

No comments: