18 March 2012

its not my party but I'll still scream

Today we went to a birthday party. It was about a 40 minute drive to get there, so you can imagine my horror when I went to pull Elsie out of the seat and realized she wasn't buckled in! My first thought was, PAUL!! oh... no wait. I'm the one that put her in the seat. Oh the guilt! I didn't say anything. She smelled awfully ripe though and as we walked toward the washroom, the smell was stronger than what is typical. When I laid her down, I saw she had exploded everywhere. So, with pants half on, and with sour liquid continuing to seep into my jacket since I'm holding her, we went to the clothing section of the grocery store and picked up a new outfit. I was very tempted to just chuck the old clothes (which my sister often did) but I like the little overalls, so I put them in a plastic bag.

The party was great. It was at Superstore so they kids made pizzas, decorated cupcakes and ate cake. Very cute. Andrew was thrilled with a whistle he got in the loot bag. My mistake though, as we were walking down the stairs from the upper room, I pointed out the lady making sushi. He stopped, was thrilled and then accidentally dropped the whistle down a crack in the stairs. You would have thought I was strangling him. No wait, you would have thought I was branding him with a hot iron. No wait, you would have thought I was yanking out his finger nails... Good Lord. I was dumbfounded because I have never seen him scream like that. Poor kid had a very red hand as I dragged him to the car because I had a death grip on him that only a mother can have. I was embarrassed and mad.  He's just so intense, all the time. He's either insanely excited or so mad that you think he's going to pop blood vessels. Passionate, he is.

No comments: