30 April 2013

Nudity in Fantasia

It's 1:30 in the afternoon and one child is still in his PJs and wearing rubber boots while playing in the backyard. The other child is in a shirt 6 months too small and ugly pale pink sweatpants, no socks and running shoes. They're both soaking wet from playing with rain water, sitting in rain water and the little one is wet from drinking rain water.
It is a day like today that I'm thrilled to be at home with the kids. I'm sick. How awesome is it that I have no where to go and have no responsibilities that requires my time to see something through to completion. This does not include the two loads of laundry I have to fold and the wet clothes I need to put into the dryer.
I can sit, and try to will myself into good health.
I don't know how working moms do it. It must be tough to have a rough night with the kids and then have to be out the door by 8am. I get to have 4 cups of coffee and watch TVO kids, or in our case this morning, Fantasia, which I might add has a lot of naked fairies and those half horse half person type creatures. I mean, topless. Weird. I wasn't expecting that and frankly felt awkward as my four year old boy giggled.

15 minutes until I put one child to bed. It'll then be my quiet time while the boy plays angry birds on the iPad. Seriously, iPads are the best thing in the world.

No comments: