29 May 2013

Good food


Let's talk food. I have been failthful to meatless Mondays for close to two months now. This isn't a life style choice or a healthy option, it is solely a fad. I think it's cool. This is also why I listen to CBC radio 2, The Drive. I channel cool this way. This is also why I'm wearing black converse shoes which I will admit, are put on using a long shoe horn because I can't be bothered to untie the laces and am too tired to bend over and put them on. It's a walking irony really. 
So Monday was fish tacos. It's our go-to. 
Get frozen tilapia. Squeeze lime on them, garlic powder, cumin and chili powder and let it sit for as long as it takes to clean a play room twice, sing along to a Tegan and Sarah and Lumineer, and referee three fights. Serve with mango salsa (mango, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, lime). 

Last night was lettuce wraps. Vermicelli noodles are horrible for toddlers. Elsie looked like she was being swallowed by an oceanic mop. Those sticky noodles stick like leeches. I used ground pork. Seasoned with teriyaki and oyster sauce. The wraps were romaine lettuce leaves. I used hoisin sauce to top the wrap off. 

Photos. Yummy!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I only listen to CBC radio 2 drive because you do and I thought you were cool and wanted to be like you :). You always just seem so adult cool when I come over and you have it playing!