3 February 2005

The perfect gift for those who probably won't remember

So I must go out today and buy a gift for a One year old and also, one for my avô who is turning 80. I think these are the toughest to buy for. I think buying something edible or usable is best for my vavô because at that age, you don't want to start collecting things. I guess chocolates, or maybe I'll get him hankerchiefs. He still uses those. Will he remember that I gave that same gift to him one christmas about 10 years ago? Probably not. Yeah... I think hankers are a good gift. Now for the one year old. I figure bath toys? I thought about jewellery since its kind of a typical portuguese gift but they're not portuguese. I think my new niece (who will be born in april) might look like a gypsy for the first few years of her life since she'll have earrings, rings and bracelts on.
I've also decided on making the invitations to my sister's shower. Its funner, more cost effective and meaningful (in my humble and prudent opinion). I need to go out today and get a nice stamp. I have the idea in my head and now have to let it transpire.
Also on the docket is a trip to good old Canada Post. Must mail something. I think I should have mailed it earlier this week in order for it to arrive when it should, but oh well. Late than never is better.
I hope I get mail today. I like mail. Someone write me a real letter.

No comments: