6 February 2013

Unfair

This is a conversation:

Me: when I taught math, my grade fours did the grade five curriculum
Nemesis: YOU'RE a teacher?? I thought you were JUST a mom!

What the heck is that suppose to mean? I'm offended as a teacher AND a mom. Irked.

My 3 yr old has entered the "this is SO unfair" stage. He wants to stay up like adults. He doesn't know how often my inner voice screams "this is so unfair". It's usually screamed when he tells me he needs company in the washroom or when my toddler drops to the floor in tears every time I try to wrangle her limp arms into her winter coat, or how about when my son refuses to eat his toast because there's a sunflower in it, or how my daughter chucks her gloves off, yanks her hat off and kicks her boots to the floor every time I buckle her into her car seat.

I will say what I do find fair. Two kids in bed by 8 so I can watch Murdoch Mysteries. Two kids that usually sleep in until 7:30am, 8 on a good day.
It's fair that I get good parking spots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not kidding about the judgmental stuff, are you! That's so rude.